Are you planning to buy or have a new home in or around Florida?
Have you thought about giving container homes a try?
Would you like to check out some good builders for container homes around Florida?
If you are interested in a different style of living, getting yourself a container home could be an interesting way to have your own unique and stylish living space. But if you have never tried it out before, this article can give you all the information to get you started on container homes in or near Florida.
***BUILD SHIPPING CONTAINER HOMES IN TEXAS: Learn how to build your own Texas container home in our guide. Container Homes Texas.
Check out why container homes are such a trend in Florida, find out some of the best builders and sellers of container homes you can find in the area and an idea of the general price. You can also read up about some important rules and regulations you need to keep in mind and the important details before you make your purchase.
Are container homes gaining popularity in Florida?
If you have taken a walk around Florida or heard any of your friends or family in Florida talk about it, then you probably already know that container homes are gaining quite a lot of popularity there. If you thought this is just a passing trend, think again, because, this could very well be the new way of living in style.
3 reasons these types of homes are favoured in Florida
Here are some of the reasons why living in a container home is such a popular trend in this part of the US:
***BUILD A FLORIDA SHIPPING CONTAINER HOME: Discover how to build a Florida shipping container home in our overview guide. Container Homes Florida.
A much more affordable option:
- One of the main reasons why shipping container homes are gaining so much popularity in and around Florida is the affordability.
- Buying your choice of home in this area can be quite an expensive affair.
- You can now get a container home at a much lower price, but with the same comfort, style, luxury and practicality that you are looking for in your home.
Eco-friendly and sustainable:
- A lot of the customers prefer buying a container home over regular homes because this is a very eco-friendly and sustainable option.
- This is a classic case of reusing and upcycling something that would otherwise go to waste and appeals to those who are conscious towards protecting the environment.
- Also, the fact that these are made out of heavy-duty material makes them long-lasting and creates less need for adding more material to the home in the future.
Customizable, faster to build, fits in small spaces:
- When you buy a shipping container home, you can customize all aspects of the home as per your choice.
- Also, these are way faster to complete and you won’t have to wait years getting your home done and ready to move in.
- Depending on the space where you want your container home to be, you can have it as big or small as you want.
Are container homes legal in Florida?
Before you pay for a container home, it is important to understand if there are any restrictions, regulations, rules or laws that you need to know about.
While container homes are legal in Florida, there are a few important things you will need to keep in mind before you go ahead and buy your own shipping container home in the area.
What are these regulations, and what does each one mean?
- Planned usage: Whether using it for residential or commercial purpose.
- Occupancy and density rules: Specifies how many people can co-habit a space.
- Zoning rules: Specifies what can be built in the area, such as residential homes or commercial properties.
- Building codes/permits: Specifies type of home you can build in the area.
If you want more information pertaining to the exact location where you are planning to set up the container home, please get in touch with the city or county planner to find out all legal requirements.
***BUILD A COLORADO SHIPPING CONTAINER HOME: Discover a shipping container home in Colorado in our overview guide. Container Homes Colorado.
Why is it important to be aware of these restrictions?
These are things you will have to be aware of before you build or buy a container home in the area, so that later you don’t get caught up in any legal issues or paperwork difficulties.
Types of container home you typically see in Florida
In Florida, you see a mix of both simple as well as luxury container homes, from single storey to multiple levels.
Where in Florida can you usually find these homes?
While container homes are becoming popular everywhere, these are a little more popular in South Florida.
***CALIFORNIA SHIPPING CONTAINER HOME: Build a California shipping container home in our resource guide. Shipping Container Homes California.
How much do shipping container homes cost in Florida?
- The price of the shipping container home that you buy can be as high or as low depending on what you are looking for.
- If you are going for something really basic, the pricing will be quite low and reasonable.
- If you want something that is really top-notch in terms of all the amenities and luxury it has, the pricing can go up considerably.
Are prices same across all Florida cities?
Prices for the shipping container homes across all Florida cities are not the same and may vary from place to place, based on various factors such as zoning, municipal codes, density regulation requirements and so on.
Best builders and sellers of container homes in and around Florida
If living in an environmentally-friendly home that can also be good on your budget while looking and feeling comfortable, stylish and different from the usual is what you are looking for in your home, a shipping container home is definitely worth a shot!
Not sure where to go and who to get in touch with? Check out some of the companies in and around the area that are already making a name in the shipping container home business.
3 trusted, go-to companies for container homes in Florida
If you want to try out container homes, here are some companies you can check out:
Bessenroth Builders Inc.
- This is a small family-owned business that is dedicated to giving you great quality, design and use at different price points.
- The company helps you with various design solutions you may need to customize the final product.
- Pros – The team ensures they follow up with clients once the job is done.
- Cons – May compromise quality on the tightest budget needs.
- This company helps you build your dream home using three shipping containers that are used side by side.
- They help with design and customizing options to help you get your own eco-friendly and sustainable home.
- Pros – Their pricing is at par and very competitive with other providers of shipping container homes.
- Cons – We didn’t find negatives from any online sources yet.
- This company can take your shipping container home to a new level of practicality and luxury, while keeping it sustainable and eco-friendly.
- The company specializes in designing and customizing your home in such a way that you get to make the best use of the smallest spaces.
- Pros – The look of their finished product makes them a really popular and top name in the shipping container home business.
- Cons – We didn’t find negatives from any online sources yet.
Now that you know all the information you need before getting your own shipping container home in Florida, we do hope you will check them out to get yourself the home you are looking for.