Are you planning to buy or have a new home in or around Texas?
Have you thought about giving container homes a try?
Are you looking for some good builders for container homes around the area?
If you are interested in a different style of living, container homes could be a great way to have your very own living space in or near Texas. But if you have never tried it out before, take a look at why these types of homes are so popular in Texas.
Find out some of the best builders and sellers of the same in the area, and get an idea of the general cost as well as some important rules and regulations you need to keep in mind. Scroll down and find all the important details before you make your purchase.
***BUILD SHIPPING CONTAINER HOMES IN TEXAS: Learn how to build your own Texas container home in our guide. Container Homes Texas.
Are container homes gaining popularity in Texas?
If you have been to Texas or if you have read or seen about the new living trend there, you probably already know that container homes are gaining quite a lot of popularity in the area. But if you feel that this is just a passing trend, think again. From the number of people choosing this way of living, it seems that having a shipping container home in Texas could very well be the new way of living in style.
Are container homes legal in Texas?
Texas has an easier regulatory environment and more relaxed rules and regulations when it comes to building shipping container homes. In fact, there are a lot of shipping container homes in Texas and it is legal to build one there.
***BUILD A FLORIDA SHIPPING CONTAINER HOME: Discover how to build a Florida shipping container home in our overview guide. Container Homes Florida.
Regulations or rules/laws you need to know about:
- Planned usage: Whether using it for residential or commercial purpose.
- Occupancy and density rules: The number of people that can co-habit a space.
- Zoning rules: Specifies what kind of property can be built in the area, such as residential homes or commercial properties. This rule is not there in Houston, Texas.
- Building codes/permits: Specifies type of home you can build in the area.
- Size of the project: Some areas pertain to specific building codes that offer guidelines on the overall size and area of the home.
If you want more information pertaining to the exact location where you are planning to set up the container home, please get in touch with the city or county planner to find out all legal requirements.
Why is it important to be aware of these restrictions?
It is important that you take these things into consideration before you build or buy a container home in the area, so that later you don’t get caught up in any legal issues or face any paperwork difficulties.
What types of container homes do you typically see in Texas?
Texas has a gorgeous mix of both simple as well as luxury container homes that range from single storey to multiple level homes.
Where in Texas can you usually find these homes?
Shipping container homes have already gained a lot of popularity all over Texas, and you can find the highest amount of these homes all over central Texas.
***BUILD A COLORADO SHIPPING CONTAINER HOME: Discover a shipping container home in Colorado in our overview guide. Container Homes Colorado.
One of the reasons why these types of homes are so popular here is also the fact that home owners have a lot of options to play around with the design, style and structure of the homes, because of the space that is available to them to build on.
How much do shipping container homes cost in Texas?
- You can find a variety of budget options when it comes to shipping container homes in Texas.
- These can be very budget-friendly or quite luxurious and expensive depending on the type of home and amenities you are looking for.
- If you go for something that is really basic, the pricing will be quite reasonable.
- If you opt to go for something that is really top-notch in terms of all the amenities and luxury that it can provide, the pricing can go up considerably.
Are the prices the same across all Texas cities?
Prices for the shipping container homes across all Texas cities are not the same. These will usually vary from place to place based on various factors such as zoning, municipal codes, density regulation requirements and so on.
Best builders and sellers of container homes in and around Texas
If you are planning to have an environmentally-friendly home that will also fit in your budget, as well as look and feel comfortable, stylish and different, a shipping container home is definitely worth a shot!
Not sure where to go and who to get in touch with? Check out some of the companies in and around the area that are already making a name in the shipping container home business.
***CALIFORNIA SHIPPING CONTAINER HOME: Build a California shipping container home in our resource guide. Shipping Container Homes California.
Our 3 Top Texas Shipping Container Home Companies
Keen Development Group
MORE INFO: http://keendevelopmentgroup.com/
- This family-run business has been in the construction business for decades.
- They offer various building and design related services especially for container homes.
MORE INFO: https://backcountrycontainers.com/
- They are based in Needville in Texas and work all over Texas.
- They specialize in helping you design and construct your dream container home.
Stackhouse Container Homes
MORE INFO: https://stackhousecontainerhomes.com/
- They are based in Cedar Park and Austin, Texas.
- The company is the brainchild of Zach, a lifelong builder and roofing contractor.
3 Reasons Why Texas Shipping Container Homes Are A Great Idea
Here are some of the reasons why living in a container home is such a popular trend in this part of the US:
1. Much affordable compared to regular homes:
- One of the main reasons why shipping container homes are gaining so much popularity in and around Texas is that they are significantly cheaper than the regular built homes.
- You can in fact get all the amenities and the choice of keeping it as simple and budget-friendly or as luxurious and expensive as you want.
- These container homes are available at a much lower price, but will give you the same comfort, style, luxury and practicality that you are looking for in your home.
2. Eco-friendly and sustainable:
- Container homes are very eco-friendly and are a classic example of reusing and upcycling something that would otherwise end up as waste. If you are conscious about the environment, this can be a good choice.
- This is also a sustainable option and will allow you to play around with the kind of materials you want to use.
- A shipping container home is made of heavy-duty material that makes these homes long-lasting and sturdy. This option also means that you will not need to do any heavy maintenance work for a long time.
3. Customizable, faster to build, fits in small spaces:
- When you choose a shipping container home you have the option to customize all aspects of the home as per your choice.
- You can play around with the choice of materials and the designing aspects and these take much lesser time to get ready to move in.
- Depending on how much space you have for your container home area, you can create it as big or small as you want. Also, you have the option to add more to the home when you want.
Everything You Need To Know: Shipping Container Homes In Texas
With all the information here, we are sure you’re on your way to getting your own shipping container home in Texas. Play around with styles and ideas to get yourself a home that truly reflects you!